The land we live on. The water we drink. The air we breathe. We know that you, as a good corporate citizen, are as concerned about the care of these vital resources as we are.
Using paper products that include recycled content is an important step in this care. It helps preserve forests because it reduces the demand for wood. It conserves resources and generates less pollution during manufacturing because the fibers have already been processed once. It reduces solid waste because it diverts usable paper from the waste stream.
Paper and paperboard products make up the largest part of our country's municipal solid waste. They also offer the greatest opportunity for recycling. This is why we go out of our way to find and offer the best in recycled products.
Extensive scientific research supports the benefits of recycling, and government agencies, environmental groups and many other large buyers mandate its use. You help our environment by using recycled and remanufactured products. The higher the level of post consumer recycled content, the better.
Environmental Impact Need To Knows …
• 4 million cubic feet of landfill space is used by 500 million inkjet cartridges every year, only two per person in the United States.
• 97 million cell phones were stashed or trashed in 2005. Over 500 million are stashed as we enter 2006.
• 500,000 trees could be saved if every family in the U.S. recycled their newspaper. Only 58% of newspapers are recycled.
• In two weeks, Americans throw enough glass bottles and jars out to fill the New York Trade Center's twin towers.
• Americans go through an average 2.5 million plastic bottles per hour.
• Americans normally use about 70 gallons of water each day.
• Dishwasher use about 11 gallons of water while hand washed dishes use up approximately 16 gallons.
• Taking a bath, half full of water, uses around 20 gallons of water. However, the average length shower only uses 13 gallons.
Thank you for making us your partner in the procurement of your office products. We value your business and are happy to serve you and the environment any way we can.